spoon

Recent Recipes

I'm Stuffed (Peppers)

0

Category :

Anyone that is actively following my blog has probably recognized that I am slightly inconsistent when it comes to posting.  I really don't have any good excuse for this other than I just haven't been making the time to write everything all out.  That said, I am really going to try to do my best to get more blogs up in a more timely manner.

Last week I brought back one of Matt's favorite recipes, stuffed peppers.  My mom used to make these all of the time because you literally can put anything but the kitchen sink in them.  I kept this recipe pretty traditional, but still super yummy!

Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 lbs. ground meat (I used half turkey & half sirloin but also love meatloaf mix or just one type of meat)
1 bag of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (I used Chicken Brown Rice) but you can use pretty much anything
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c. yellow onion - diced fine (about 1/3 med onion)
1/2 c. fresh parsley - chopped
tsp. garlic powder
tsp. salt
2 lg. eggs
3/4 c. seasoned bread crumbs
2 c. sharp cheddar cheese (1 c. into meat mixture & reserve 1 c. to top the peppers)
1/2 c. tomato sauce (use anything that you have in your kitchen - leftover marinara, even just pizza sauce)
fresh pepper
4 bell peppers (I prefer green but red will provide a sweeter pepper) - cut off tops and remove seeds and ribs

  1. Preheat oven to 375.  Place prepared peppers in a baking dish standing up.  Mix the balance of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well incorporated (hands work best!)
  2. Fill all of the peppers to the top. 
  3. Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.  After 45 minutes top the peppers with the remaining cheddar cheese and return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
  4. Let side 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
That's it!  Super easy and incredibly cheap to make.  I made these for friends and everyone loved them...and they make even better leftovers.  Be creative, try different rices and different meats and have fun.

Ahhhh....food therapy complete!

0 comments: